Evolution 2.24 code named as "Baltra"
Evolution 2.24 Planning
We are adding tasks that will be considered for Evolution 2.24. Once the proposals gets finalized they will be part of the task list with a owner and target milestone along with the status.
Exchange Smartcard authentication
Target: 2.23.1 Owner: Bharath Status: Patch ready. GAL not done.
Target: 2.23.x Owner: Bharath Status: Work in progress.
Migrate GtkHTML to GtkUIManager
Target: 2.23.x Owner: Matthew Migrate from BonoboUI to GtkUIManager, drop GnomeSpell dependency. Status: Complete. See New_Composer
Target: 2.23.x Owner: Johnny/Srini/Suman Status: WIP. See MAPIProvider
Calendar Cache/Thread rewrite
Target: 2.23.x Owner: Chen Status: Not started
CamelDBSummary with sqlite
Target: 2.23.x Owner: Srini Status: Released in 2.23.5. See CamelDBSummary and the tracker bug.
Custom Sending headers
Target: 2.23.1 Owner: Ashish Status: Patch pending review/commit
Port Evolution and co. to GIO/GVFS
Target: 2.23.x Owner: Milan Status: Complete. See GioPort
- Preloaded popular email providers (GMail, more...)
- Ditch the gnome-pilot sync in favor of integration with http://www.opensync.org/
- (GNOME seems to be going the route of http://www.conduit-project.org/ so perhaps this should be considered instead of opensync?)
- Split UI & UAM
- 413618 - Add Undo function for tasks, notes and appointments
- 438050 - Add summary page for tasks, appointments, birthdays in advance etc
- 255248 - Launching Evo when already running shouldn't start second instance
- andre: IMAP IDLE support (just backport from tinymail), and more important: desktop integration! means: seahorse/gnome-keyring integration for the gpg passphrase (i currently have to enter it once per evo session and that's quite annoying), empathy integration (e.g. show empathy online status in addressbook and (somehow) in front of a recipient entered in the To:-field with context menu to send an instant message instead. or something like that.)
- IMAP ACL support ?
- Server Side rules (IMAP/Exchange), manageSIEVE
- Custom mail headers while sending mails
- Better support for IMAP offline mode (caching everything in background for first time, instead caching single message when click on it)
- 127558 - Bugzilla Task Backend
- Support for copying from a task widget in evolution to the calendar with formatting.
Evolution support for Windows Mobile OS.