Evolution 2.30 Planning
We have populated the initial set of tasks that will be considered for Evolution 2.30. Down the Task List we have the proposals collected for previous releases and new ones can be added there. If your willing to take up a task, please add it to the Task List filling the owner for the same and also have a word with the maintainers.
Bonobo less Evolution
Target: 2.29.x Owner: Matthew Barnes Status: In progress See KillBonobo for updates.
EDS D-Bus port
Target: 2.29.x Owner: Ross Burton Status: In progress. chen for fixing bugs
Exchange MAPI Improvements
Target: 2.29.x Owner: Johnny/Bharath Status: In progress MAPIProvider
Mailer async operations (with IMAPX)
Target: 2.29.x Owner: Chen Status: In progress
GNOME 3.0 Cleanup
Target: 2.29.x Owner: Matthew Barnes (as time permits) / others? Status: In progress. See Cleanup Tasks + GTK3. Start with GnomeDruid
Migrate go-evolution wiki contents to lgo and gnome.org/projects/evolution
Target: 2.29.x Owner: Johnny Status: Started Static archive : www.gnome.org/~jjohnny/files/go-evo/ Migration plan : http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-hackers/2009-September/msg00010.html
Quick steps for writing evolution plugins
Target: 2.29.x Owner: Status: Not started
Disk summary regressions on vfolder
Target: 2.29.x Owner: Status: pending issues to be fixed.
- Preloaded popular email providers (GMail, more...)
- Ditch the gnome-pilot sync in favor of integration with http://www.opensync.org/
- (GNOME seems to be going the route of http://www.conduit-project.org/ so perhaps this should be considered instead of opensync?)
- Split UI & UAM
- 413618 - Add Undo function for tasks, notes and appointments
- 438050 - Add summary page for tasks, appointments, birthdays in advance etc
- 255248 - Launching Evo when already running shouldn't start second instance
- andre: IMAP IDLE support (just backport from tinymail), and more important: desktop integration! means: seahorse/gnome-keyring integration for the gpg passphrase (i currently have to enter it once per evo session and that's quite annoying), empathy integration (e.g. show empathy online status in addressbook and (somehow) in front of a recipient entered in the To:-field with context menu to send an instant message instead. or something like that.)
- User:pirast: Consider making the world map look nicer and be more usable and think about if we need it at all.
- IMAP ACL support ?
- Server Side rules (IMAP/Exchange), manageSIEVE
- Custom mail headers while sending mails
- Better support for IMAP offline mode (caching everything in background for first time, instead caching single message when click on it)
- 127558 - Bugzilla Task Backend
- Support for copying from a task widget in evolution to the calendar with formatting.
Evolution support for Windows Mobile OS.